Highways are major investments and key assets for the economic growth and movements of people, goods and services. Thriving communities depend on well planned, designed, maintained and operated highway infrastructures.
SANDS Approach to Highway Engineering Consultancy:
Highway design is the base of all our civil engineering services, we design and deliver complex highway schemes using cost effective and sustainable solutions from concept design to detailed design. Our work includes geometric design, pavement design, drainage and other associated elements of highways infrastructure.
Our Highway Engineering design schemes takes the form of the following:
- New access roads and drainage for new developments and highway adoption (Section 278 & Section 38)
- Improvements for road safety
- Highway capacity improvements
- Parking strategies & traffic calming schemes
- Design of vehicle crossovers (Section 184), car parks and commercial loading areas
- Inspection of existing concrete or asphalt surfaces and advice on repair
- Independent review of highway issues and reporting on problems and mitigating proposals.
The SANDS approach to highway project delivery is fast, smart and provides better value by incorporating best practice in collaborative working from project development phase to construction. Our team of designers have vast experience in developing schemes across the full breadth of highway engineering working in tandem with the client, our transport planning team and other specialists to provide a seamless transition from planning through design to implementation on-site.
Our traffic engineering team uses engineering techniques in the safe and efficient movement of people and goods on the roadways. Traffic calming, congestion reduction, accident reduction, capacity improvements are design activities undertaken by our team on public infrastructure. Several of our projects in this sector include safe routes to school schemes, junction capacity improvements, 20mph schemes and accident prevention schemes.