TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLANS
Traffic Management Plans during construction are one of the most significant elements to consider. The aim of the plans is to eliminate or reduce impact of the proposed works to the existing highway network. Safety considerations for all public highway users is balanced with the requirements for the safe construction of the project.
SANDS Traffic Management Plans Approach
We produce Traffic Sign Manual Chapter 8 traffic management plans for construction activities involving the highway network and construction site movements and requirements using the guidance on the. We work in conjunction with the local approving authority for TMAN approvals with designs aimed at minimising the impact on the network, road users, residential and business premises in proximity of the proposed works.
- Keeping pedestrians and vehicles apart with adequate allowance for non-motorised users;
- Minimising vehicle movements;
- Ensuring adequate visibility for all vehicle movements around the construction site.
- Ensuring minimum impact on the local networks
- Ensuring proposed traffic management route(s) are sufficient for the required vehicle types via route
- Assessment and vehicle swept path analysis of key junctions and other constrained locations.
- And limiting the impact on surrounding roads from illegal manoeuvres, rat running and illegal parking.